Romans 12:1-2

So here's what I want you to do, God helping you: Take your everyday, ordinary life—your sleeping, eating, going-to-work, and walking-around life—and place it before God as an offering. Embracing what God does for you is the best thing you can do for him. Don't become so well-adjusted to your culture that you fit into it without even thinking. Instead, fix your attention on God. You'll be changed from the inside out. Readily recognize what he wants from you, and quickly respond to it. Unlike the culture around you, always dragging you down to its level of immaturity, God brings the best out of you, develops well-formed maturity in you. Romans 12:1-2

Friday, June 21, 2013

Summer Bucket List

In two days we will have been out of school for exactly a month.  So better late than never?  I've been talking about this list for a while now, the boys ask "Where is this list?" and I tell them it's all in my brain...

1.  Sleep in...a lot!
2.  Go to a drive-in
3.  Read a book with paper pages
4.  Flint Creek with friends from school
5.  A conference or two
6.  Sell our house
7.  Pick blueberries and blackberries
8.  Pick other fruit too
9.  Fly a kite on the beach
10.  See the wild horses
11.  Snuggle with my niece
12.  Go to a museum (or two)
13.  Eat breakfast at the donut shop
14.  Connect/Catch up with friends
15.  Do something with my blog
16.  Restart my gratitude journal
17.  See fireworks
18.  Make something homemade
19.  Finally go to the Flying Pig
20.  Celebrate our wedding anniversary

I decided this was my list, that the boys are old enough to do their own if they want.  However, I was happy to have L. with me at the berry farm today.  Then M - has become our leader in getting the house "show ready".  The other day he wouldn't even let me leave my socks in living room floor when we left the house for some errands.

Which ones are done?  The ones in italics.  Wow, I thought I had done more than that.  Never fear, as soon as we return from vacation a large portion will be accomplished.  Actually, the best part of summer so far has been no pressure to accomplish anything!

By the way, I'm not late at all on this list.  Today is the first day of summer.  Happy Summer!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love for you to share. Thanks for being a part of Our Ordinary Life.